Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Me Not Patchwriting...hopefully

My own special reproduction of *dramatic music* the original: Myth is a bad label. Calling something a myth implies that it is false, but these 'myths' are not false to the cultures that created and believe in them. Using the term myth makes the myth lose some of its cultural and historical value (Bacchilega 25).

Issues with my Issues Paper: There have been multiple hard things in the writing process. One is that I'm having trouble knowing exactly how many facts and research should go into the paper versus how much of my actual argument. It feels like my paper is much more argumentative than the example issues paper from the supplemental guide, which was packed full of information. It's also not particularly cohesive at the moment since I wrote the first draft in chunks. Hopefully that will get fixed with more editing :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm having the same problem except the other way around. I feel like I'm just listing off facts with no analysis on my part. I'm not sure what the right balance is. As far as cohesiveness, throw a few transitions in and you'll be good to go! (kay, this post wasn't very helpful, I apologize, but really transition sentences and not just phrases can work wonders in a paper)

    ReplyDelete