Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Proposal

It has been really hard for me to think up a topic for this paper. I am going to try out a topic about the physical problems caused by using the computer too much. When I'm on the computer for hours, my eyes get irritated and it seems like that must be bad for me. I've also heard that typing can cause arthritis and sitting in a chair or craning your neck towards the screen all the time doesn't seem good either. My initial stance is that people should use the Internet/ computers less because it is physically bad for you.

My research questions will be:
1) What negative physical effects does too much computer use cause?
2) What are some alternative options (like does that fancy electronic ink on Kindles make any difference? etc.)?

I'm a tad worried that I won't be able to find much information on this subject (or that it won't be able to fill up 8-10 pages), if not, I'll probably just change the whole topic to internet copyright troubles.

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you! It was way hard to come up with a topic! But your proposal paragraphs actually make sense, which is more than I can say about mine. So, good work!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could potentially be a good topic. I think your stance needs a little more development though--do you think it's realistic to ask people to use computers less? What about people who use computers all day for their job? Would it be feasible to ask students to use computers less? It's probably not possible to take away computer usage, so what do you think we could do to minimize the damage? Are there things we can do to avoid these problems without using the computer less? Try to think in that direction instead of arguing against computer usage. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete